The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking a seasoned Administrative Assistant to work onsite in the GMCVB’s Convention Sales department.
This position will report to multiple sales managers and may often report to Sr Vice President and Vice President of Sales.
The Administrative Assistant provides high-level clerical support to the Convention Sales Staff in planning and administering sales processes and programs to foster and promote hotel patronage of all Greater Miami and Miami Beach hotels through the various sales programs. Including performing a variety of secretarial duties and skilled tasks that may include preparing reports, conducting research, and collecting data.
Nature of Work:
Work is fast paced and is performed under high pressure. The work environment is sometimes formal and informal. Accuracy is essential. Supervisor provides general instructions. Work is monitored periodically by the supervisor. Work is performed under specific guidelines and criteria. Work is primarily performed indoors in a teamwork-oriented environment. Some of the tasks are routine, while others are moderately complex. Mistakes may result in loss of time and may impact a deadline.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including budget preparation, scheduling, reporting, and tracking information.
- Prepare special reports, forms, data entry and management for sales managers.
- Performs simple analysis of requested information and data.
- Willingness to learn and master our CRM Simpleview for the GMCVB data.
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn the Greater Miami and Miami Beach tourism information and information relevant to member hotels.
- Create custom proposals and marketing material for specific customer requests.
- Assist Convention Sales department as directed on special projects (trade show, special event activities, site visits etc.)
- Types routine memoranda, correspondence, forms, technical and/or confidential reports from rough drafts or revised drafts. Composes simple correspondence.
- Establishment and maintenance of filing system.
- Receives incoming calls, answers routine inquiries and routes callappropriately.
- Maintains Outlook business calendar.
- Processes invoices, reimbursement, and check requisitions.
- Processes travel requests.
- Processes departmental mail i.e., open, distribute, fax, fed ex, etc.
- Orders office supplies and materials.
- Provides customer service internally and to clients as needed.
- Responds to inquiries.
- Uses initiative to resolve customer complaints.
- Analyzes data. Can be removed as it is duplicated
- Performs simple calculations.
- Takes accurate messages and distributes them in a timely manner.
- Provides back-up relief for the Receptionist according to rotation schedule.
Principal Accountabilities (goals):
- Manages sales managers’ in and out boxes by checking them periodically throughout the day.
- Coordinates major trade shows, sales blitzes, site inspections and travel itineraries.
- Disseminates information to hoteliers and prospective clients by means of email, correspondence, and other forms of electronic communication.
- Executes sales leads, bookings, and lost business.
May work on special projects from time to time.
Interacts with clients (hoteliers, vendors, and prospective clients) telephonically, by means of written correspondence and other forms of electronic communication.
Communicates with peers, managers to schedule meetings, and with accounting to handle financial matters.
Work is performed independently, conferring with supervisor on major projectsonly. Initiative is required to resolve problems.
Exempt Staff positions: None.
Non-Exempt Staff positions: None.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different personalities.
- Associates degree preferred, or a combination of three to five years of education and experience in related role with some supervisory experience.
- At least one-year experience having worked for multiple managers.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Committed to learn database management programs and new software as directed.
- Excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and work ethic.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Prior experience coordinating events a plus.
- Type 45 correct words per minute.
- Excellent use of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Good and consistent attendance.
- Detail-oriented, professional demeanor and exceptional communication skills.
- Basic understanding of office equipment.
- Ability to work independently and reliably.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks including delegation of tasks when appropriate.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly acquire, familiarity with the roles and function of the assigned department, and any specifically applicable laws or guidelines.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Job requires sitting at a computer for long periods of time.
Dexterity is essential in the data entry aspect of the job.
Verbal communication is required to respond to customers telephonically.
APPLY BY DEADLINE March 31, 2023.
We offer a competitive compensation package. Send resume & salary requirements to: employment@GMCVB.com or mail: GMCVB, Human Resources 701 Brickell Avenue, #2700 Miami, FL 33131. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. EOE.