HOTEL INDUSTRY RELATIONS MANAGER
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking a strong professional to successfully oversee housing inventory, citywide convention block inventory and enhance our existing sales process by acting as the primary liaison with hotel partners to monitor all contracts to ensure the completion of room nights during the proposal process and after the “definite” status has been secured.
This position reports to the Vice President, Convention Sales.
This on-site position will focus on developing and enhancing relationships with end-user, housing companies and hotel industry partners. This role will work closely with the sales team to ensure proper mix of hotel inventory is properly represented in proposals.
Nature of Work:
Plan and execute major projects using own initiative. Primarily performs work under established policies and criteria. Although work is performed under established rules, has input in the establishment of policies and rules affecting the job.
- Work closely with the sales team during the proposal process, housing companies, and definite business within 36-48 months of groups arrival to ensure complete customer satisfaction relative to room block management.
- Act as important interface between the GMCVB and hotel partners in securing hotel guest room and meeting space commitments for the Miami Beach Convention proposals.
- Work with Convention and National Sales Managers as needed to ensure a competitive room block can be assembled for each client during the bid process.
- Responsible for gathering post-convention hotel pick up reports.
- Produce and maintain an active hotel inventory reporting for all group need periods.
- Responsible for consistently monitoring and validating room block history and update, as necessary.
- Responsible for building relationships with hotel industry to lead increased synergies in inventory optimization and revenue.
- Comply with established policies and guidelines applying GMCVB operations and objectives; anticipate critical obstacles and issues.
- Schedule work activities to ensure that deadlines are met, and goals are achieved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for entering all convention hotel and hotel block information into Simpleview.
- Manage all final convention hotel history-pickup reports and enter the information into Simpleview within 3 months of meeting date.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Principal Accountabilities (goals):
- Maintain and enhance existing relationships with clients, partners, and collaborators.
- Maintain interconnected relationship with other GMCVB staff, meeting planners, hoteliers, and prospective partners to identify and facilitate interactions.
- Conducts organized site inspection visits including venue reviews.
- Attends local industry meetings, trade shows, familiarization trips, luncheons, etc.
- Coordinates and develops proposals.
- Uses appropriate communication methods for effective interactions and when making presentations to organizations promoting Greater Miami and Miami Beach.
- Maintains an acceptable level of productivity based on predetermined goals for submitting leads, bookings, room nights, and convention requests.
Local travel is required.
Interacts with hotel sales managers and representatives, meeting planners, politicians, activists, vendors, and clients by means of telephone, written correspondence, other forms of electronic communication and in person.
Confers with staff, up to the departmental Sr. VP and President for the purpose of obtaining and disseminating information.
Work is performed independently, conferring with supervisor for weekly updates on major projects. Initiative is required to resolve problems.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in hospitality industry and demonstrated progressive growth and learning or training equal to required skillset level to successfully perform the job.
- Associates Degree in hospitality or relevant field.
- Knowledge of Miami and Miami Beach hotel community and understanding of hotel contracts and pricing strategies is preferred.
- Success in this position requires strong interpersonal skills for frequent interaction with customers and peers.
- Demonstrated technical competency in Microsoft Office Suite 365.
- Type 45 correct words per minute.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, grammar & punctuation, and spelling.
- Solid customer service attitude, and ability to speak publicly and make presentations to organizations and community groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales market, communications and negotiation techniques and strategies.
- Proficiency in Cvent preferred.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Ability to travel/drive locally within Miami-Dade.
Carrying and setting up equipment and displays approximately 15 pounds.
Standing and walking for considerable periods of time for the purpose of conducting familiarization tours, etc.
Verbal communication is required to respond to customers telephonically.
Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Work evenings as needed including attending business and client events.
APPLY BY DEADLINE March 31, 2023.
We offer a competitive compensation package. Send resume & salary requirements to: employment@GMCVB.com or mail: GMCVB, Human Resources 701 Brickell Avenue, #2700 Miami, FL 33131. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. EOE.